Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Happy Hooker

Yes, I've finally given into temptation and am learning to crochet-  Actually, I've made a few crochet items before, but only learned enough to finish the project I was working on and honestly- they could have been better---so, I got a book from the library and I am working through the workshops-


The book is Rowan presesnts Crochet Workshoop, the complete course for the Beginner to Intermediate Crocheter, by Emma seddon & Sharon Brant- Here are my first projects:

These dishcloths aren't the projects from the book- I substituted these because I wanted a smaller project and I needed the dishcloths- These are workshop 2 projects- I forgot to put the coasters from workshop 1 in the photo-oops!  I learned to change colors, add a crocheted edging and join pieces together-

My next project is in increasing stitches so I am crocheting a banner- I'm really pleased that my stitches seem to be much more even than my earlier attempts

See the suitcase in the photo? I am recycling it into my Crochet Project box- I bought it at a thrift store for $1 and some change- It is already in the process of receiving a new liner- It will hold my crochet tools and current project work- I will be blogging about it on my other blog The Life Embellished

No comments: